Kensington and Chelsea borough suffers from some of the worst air pollution in London. This pollution is poisoning our children and our elderly. Over 9,600 people a year die prematurely a year because of air pollution.
- Provide filtration systems in classrooms.
- Provide monitors for levels of pollution, so that we know when children can play outside.
- Work with Mayor’s office to fast track clean air schemes for local schools particularly those near the Westway to advocate for London to put up barriers that reduce pollution in the area surrounding the A40.
- Support cyclists by working with the London Mayor and TfL to create Kensington and Chelsea cycle superhighways.
- Electric parking facilities.
- Encourage the #noidling campaign and enforcement.